|The program has the following major educational objectives with the expectation that our alumni will have successful careers in the many diverse areas of chemical engineering profession. Within a few years of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, we expect our graduates to have the following attributes
||At the time of graduation, graduates from our program will have:
|1. Depth: To be effective in applying chemical engineering principles in engineering practice or for advanced study in chemical engineering.
- The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- The ability to design and conduct experiments safely, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve chemical engineering problems.
- The ability to design a process that meets desired specifications with consideration of environmental, safety, economic and ethical criteria.
|2. Breadth: To have a productive career in the many diverse fields of chemical engineering such as bioengineering, energy and the environment, or in the pursuit of graduate education in disciplines such as Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Law or Business.
- An appreciation of contemporary issues relevant to chemical engineering.
- Completed the UNH general education/Discovery program and obtained a broad education useful to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- The ability to use computers effectively for engineering practice.
|3. Professionalism: To function effectively in the complex modern work environment with the ability to assume professional leadership roles.
- An appreciation of professional and ethical responsibility
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Skills to search for information in the library and on the internet. These skills will be used in their pursuit of lifelong learning
- The capacity of function and work effectively alone and in a team environment.