For all camps, the daily hours are from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Special accommodations for early drop-off or late pick-up of day campers can be made in advance with the camp director. A fee of $10 per hour will be applied for each special accommodation.
Tech Camp activities will be held in Kingsbury Hall and Parsons Hall which are part of the College of Engineering & Physical Sciences. There will be numerous opportunities for campers to have a first-hand view of the programs, laboratories, and research projects underway at UNH. Campers will participate in off-campus field trips to experience numerous engineering occupations and people engaged in a variety of STEM related careers.
- Campers who choose to stay on campus will reside in UNH dormitories from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon.
- Even though TechLeaders is a two-week program, residential campers leave campus Friday afternoon at the end of the camp day and return the following Sunday evening.
- The campers are grouped according to gender with a maximum camper to counselor ratio of approximately 8:1.
- The counselor (gender appropriate for the group) has his/her own room and stays right with the campers.
- Counselors accompany the campers to dinner and breakfast and go with campers if they leave the dormitory for any reason.
- More detailed information will be sent to each residential camper prior to camp.
- A deposit is required to secure a spot during enrollment season. There is a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total cost requested at the time of registration.
- Online payments will be the primary payment approach.
- Account balances are due 30 days prior to session start date. Within 30 days of a session start day, students with outstanding balances may be dropped from the session. This allows us to offer the spot to another student in a timely way for family and staff planning.
- Students will not be allowed to attend a session unless they are paid in full. Any student with an unpaid balance may be locked from future enrollment in a UNH youth program until the balance is paid in full.
- Full refunds (including deposit) are provided in the event UNH cancels a program session.
We do have some scholarships. Families who are interested in having their child(ren) attend the camp(s) but are in need of assistance can apply for a reduction in camp tuition and/or the residential fees. If you are interested in applying for financial assistance, please fill out the
Scholarship Application (coming soon).
The online registration link will be updated on the UNH Tech Camp website in February. We encourage you to register as soon as possible because we cannot accommodate all the campers who want to attend. If you would like to be notified in advance of the registration link going live, please email:
Faculty Director of UNH Tech Camp
If you have technical difficulties while attempting to create an account, register, or make an online payment, please contact our support team
- For Technical questions: 603-862-7227; press 1
- For other questions: 603-862-7227; press 3 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be provided with specific contact numbers for the camp director, our assistant, and the CEPS Dean’s Office. Someone will notify your child to contact you, or we can relay a message.
Cell phones are allowed, but we ask that you not contact the camper directly during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You should call one of the provided contact numbers during this time.
- Although we will use the health supports available on campus, we will always contact the family if a camper becomes ill.
- In any kind of health emergency, 911 will be called.
- If a camper does not feel well, they should stay at home.
- If a student is taken to the UNH Health Center, any costs will be the responsibility of the parents who will be billed by UNH Health Services.
The UNH Tech Camp does not have any grading or credit program associated with the camp activities. If the school the camper attends does have a program, the camper will need to make all of the arrangements with their school prior to attending the camp or upon completion of the camp.
Campers will be doing a lot of moving from one location to another within Kingsbury Hall as well as between buildings. The buildings at the University that UNH Tech Camp will be using are handicap accessible. While we have faculty and counselors involved in all of the activities, we do not have individual instructional aides available for the campers.
It would be helpful and wise to discuss your concerns with the faculty camp director, Professor Carmela Amato-Wierda at email@example.com, or 603-862-2526, at the start of camp or even prior to registration.
No. Students from all over come to UNH Tech Camp. In previous years, we had students from all over New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Wyoming, South Korea, India, China, and Quebec.