Applications must be completed by the following deadlines in order to be reviewed for admission:

  • Fall: March 1 (for funding); April 1 (for all, except UNH accelerated M.S. students for whom the deadline is August 1)
  • Spring: December 1

International students need to allow enough time to apply for a visa after being admitted to the program. For those who apply for the fall semester, most financial aid offers are made in early March. The ability to obtain financial aid after that time is very limited. There is also very little aid available for spring applicants.

We take a holistic view of all your application materials, so we do not have an absolute GRE or GPA minimum. However, in most cases applicants should have a GRE Quantitative score at 50th percentile or higher, and a GRE Analytic Writing score of at least 3.0, and a GPA above 3.0 on a 4-point scale. For international students, the university requires that an applicant's TOEFL (Internet Based) score be at least 80, or have an IELTS score of at least 6.5.

Only if you took the test more than five years ago. Scores older than five years are not accepted.

The UNH College code (CEEB Code), which you will need when requesting that test scores be sent to UNH, is 003918.

This information can be found on the UNH Graduate School website.

Application Status and Student Accounts

Visit the Graduate School website for complete information.

International Applicants

Many international students apply for the CS program through an agent. This is NOT required and we encourage interested students to reach out to us directly if they have any questions about our graduate programs.

Many of our graduate students receive financial aid, often in the form of teaching assistantships, and research assistantships, as well as full and partial scholarships. For more information, go to the Graduate Appointments page.

Graduate Financial Aid

You should sign up for GRAD 900 (not to be confused with CS 900).

No. Just register for GRAD 900 (not to be confused with CS 900) in addition to the other course(s) you need to graduate.

No. Official scores from ETS are required.

Seniors at the University of New Hampshire may be permitted to take graduate-level courses during their senior year. Such students must follow normal application procedures and be admitted for the semester during which they wish to enroll in courses for graduate credit.  A 3.20 cumulative grade-point average is normally required to be considered for admission to the accelerated master's program however, the requirement to submit GRE results is waived. 

  • No additional tuition cost
  • Can be completed in one year
  • Potential to earn higher pay
  • Enhances computer science skills