The Chemistry Department is pleased to announce the formation of an Advisory Board. The Advisory Board will be composed of an accomplished, dynamic, and passionate group of alumni and friends that are eager to help us advance our mission. The Advisory Board charge will be to:
- Serve as an advocacy group for the Department to the University administration, the State of New Hampshire, and other entities.
- Advise department on desired program outcomes, learning objectives, and other educational issues, as constituents representing graduates or the community of employers of graduates.
- Provide advice on the needs of and trends within the field of Chemistry.
- Provide support for the acquisition of resources for the department.
- Serve as industry and professional contacts for faculty and students.
The first meeting of the Advisory Board is planned for Wednesday, April 25. This date was chosen to coincide with the ISE (Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering) presentations of the Undergraduate Research Conference.
Membership of the Advisory Board is listed below.
Paul S. Anderson, Ph.D. in Chemistry at UNH; former executive at Merck
Richard Burrell, B.S. from UNH; Bristol-Meyers Squibb
Brian Coppola, B.S. from UNH; Arthur Thurnau Professor of Chemistry, University of Michigan
David Ellis, faculty member at UNH in 1960s and 1970s; former President of Lafayette College and past president of Boston’s Museum of Science.
Keith Faucher, B.S. at UNH; Research & Development Manager, Atrium Medical, Nashua, NH
Russ Foster, B.S. at UNH; Founder of environmental analytical companies in New Hampshire
Sally Hartman, Chemistry Program Manager, Bureau of Laboratory Services, NH Public Health Labs
Barbara Hopkins, Assistant Superintendent SAU21, Presidential Teaching Awardee
Tony Jacobine, Ph.D. at UNH; Technical Director, AR Acrylates at Henkel Corporation
Mary Kirchhoff, Ph.D. at UNH; Director, Education Division of the American Chemical Society.
James Mack, Ph.D. at UNH; Associate Professor of Chemistry at the University of Cincinnati
Alan Packard, B.S. at UNH; Associate Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School
William Shakespeare, Ph.D. at UNH; Vice President, Drug Discovery at ARIAD Pharmaceuticals