Explore the Department of Chemistry
Welcome to the Department of Chemistry at the University of New Hampshire. We are dedicated to chemistry research and education at all levels. We have a long, proud tradition of providing a challenging and nurturing environment for our students.
Chemistry Labs: Do you know what you need for a notebook?
50 page lab notebooks are recommended for the following one semester courses:
- Chem 405 – Chemical Principles for Engineers
- Chem 411 – Intro Chemistry for Life Sciences
- Chem 518 - Quant
- Chem 546 – Organic Chemistry
- Chem 777 – Advanced Synthesis and Characterization
- Chem 795/895 – Chemical Biology
100 page notebooks are recommended for yearlong courses:
- Chem 403 – General Chemistry I
- Chem 549 – Organic chemistry I for majors & biochem majors
- Chem 653 – Organic Chemistry I
- Chem 685 – Physical Chemistry I
Chem 403, 405 & 411 labs will have lab coats and safety glasses distributed to enrolled students during their first lab.
For more information, visit our stockroom page here.
Chemistry Labs BEGIN
Chem 795/895 & 777 begin the week of 8/29/22 – semester opening
Chem 518, 546, 549, 653, 685 begin the week of 9/5/22
Chem 403, 405 & 411 will begin the week of 9/12/22