Marc BoudreauASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Christine CaputoASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Margaret GreensladeASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Anyin LiASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Roy PlanalpASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
John TsavalasASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Katharine WinansSENIOR LECTURER
What is chemistry?
In this minor, you’ll be introduced to the study of chemistry, providing you with the communication, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for success in many careers. The chemistry program offers a wide selection of courses in analytical, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in a variety of rigorous laboratory experiences and cutting-edge research.Combine the chemistry minor with a major such as business, education, engineering or a health-related field to enhance your options for a career or graduate studies.
Why study chemistry at UNH?
You’ll find our program small enough to be personal but comprehensive enough to provide excellent opportunities for challenge and growth, including independent research, leadership and peer mentoring. You’ll have access to newly renovated laboratories, state-of-the-art equipment and faculty committed to transformative experiences for students. You can pursue additional coursework in fields related to your educational and professional goals. Our graduates find success in a variety of fields, including medicine, pharmacology, dentistry, veterinary medicine, forensics, business and law.
Potential career areas
- Agricultural and food products
- Chemical/pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Patent law, intellectual property and science policy
- Pharmaceuticals and pharmacology
- Plastics and coatings
- Scienceor technology writing
- Toxicology and forensic science
Curriculum & Requirements
If you are interested in obtaining a Chemistry Minor, please contact Cindi Rohwer, Academic Department Coordinator, Chemistry Department Office at (603) 862-1795 or Cindi.Rohwer@unh.edu . She will connect you to our Intent to Minor form and the Chemistry Department Undergraduate Coordinator so you can discuss your plans to minor in Chemistry.
- Complete a total of 20 credit hours in Chemistry (CHEM) courses.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours at the 500 level or higher are required.
- Chemistry courses for the minor cannot be completed on a pass/fail basis.
- Grade of C- or better is required in all chemistry minor coursework.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.00 is required for all chemistry minor coursework.
- Biochemistry (BMCB) courses do not count toward a chemistry minor.
Transfer credits can only be applied to the minor with permission of the Chemistry Department Undergraduate Coordinator or Chair. Maximum of 8 transfer credit hours. Transfer courses must meet minimum grade requirements.
- The following courses can NOT be applied to the Chemistry minor: CHEM 400, CHEM 408, CHEM 409, CHEM 411, CHEM 413, CHEM 501, CHEM 502, CHEM 503 and CHEM 798.
Explore Program Details
If you are interested in obtaining a Chemistry Minor, please contact Cindi Rohwer, Academic Department Coordinator, Chemistry Department Office at (603) 862-1795 or Cindi.Rohwer@unh.edu . She will meet connect you to our Intent to Minor form and the Chemistry Department Undergraduate Coordinator so you can discuss your plans to minor in Chemistry.
Phone: (603) 862-1795
- Discovery Program
Chemistry Stockroom, Instrumentation, Chemistry Library, Chemistry Hygiene Plan