Why get a Master of Science in chemistry?
Our chemistry M.S. will provide you with the opportunity to participate in graduate education without the longer academic and research commitment of doctoral study. This master’s degree program allows students to participate in advanced coursework and develop a significant research program.
Why study chemistry at UNH?
You’ll engage in a program of study approved by the American Chemical Society that explores a dynamic, creative and practical discipline. You’ll find a program small enough to be personal but comprehensive enough to provide excellent opportunities for challenge and growth, like independent research, leadership, professional development and peer mentoring. You’ll have access to newly renovated laboratories, state-of-the-art equipment and faculty committed to transformative experiences for graduate students. Our graduates pursue careers in industry, go on to find success in environmental and health-related professions, and educate future generations of scientists.
Potential career areas
- Agricultural and food products
- Chemical analysis and quality control
- Chemical/pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Chemical research and development
- Chemistry teacher
- Health professions
- Patent law, intellectual property, and science policy
- Pharmaceuticals and pharmacology
- Plastics and coatings
- Science/technology writing
- Toxicology and forensic science