Accreditation Assures Quality
In the United States, accreditation is a non-governmental, peer-review process that assures the quality of the postsecondary education students receive. Educational institutions or programs volunteer to undergo this review periodically to determine if certain criteria are being met.
ABET serves the public through the promotion and advancement of education in applied science, computing, engineering, and technology. ABET will:
- Accredit educational programs.
- Promote quality and innovation in education.
- Consult and assist in the development and advancement of education worldwide in a financially self-sustaining manner.
- Communicate with our constituencies and the public regarding activities and accomplishments.
- Anticipate and prepare for the changing environment and the future needs of constituencies.
- Manage the operations and resources to be effective and fiscally responsible.
UNH College of Engineering and Physical Sciences ABET Accredited Programs
- Chemical Engineering (BS) since 1964
- Civil Engineering (BS) since 1936
- Computer Engineering (BS) since 2004
- Computer Science (BS) since 1986
- Electrical Engineering (BS) since 1936
- Environmental Engineering (BS) since 2001
- Information Technology (BS) since 2011
- Mechanical Engineering (BS) since 1936
- ocean engineering (BS) since 2018
UNH College of Engineering and Physical Sciences National or State Accredited Programs
- Chemistry (BS) American Chemical Society
- Earth Sciences Teaching (BA) New Hampshire State Department of Education
- Mathematics Education (BS) New Hampshire State Department of Education since 2006
111 Market Pl., Suite 1050
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410) 625-2238 (Fax)