Two-week Summer Intensive, July 17-28, 2023
Kingsbury Hall, UNH Durham Campus
Please Note: The 2023 Session of Tech for Teachers is now full and we are no longer accepting Applications. Please check back next year!
The Tech for Teachers Institute is a dynamic, paid professional development program open to middle and high school teachers from across all STEM subject areas. The focus of the program is two-fold: Building knowledge of an emerging technology — this year regenerative medicine and biofabrication — and the transformation of instructional practice through project-based learning (PBL).
Tech for Teachers is open to both school-based teams and individuals. Upon completion, participants will receive a $1,500 award, CEUs, classroom supplies and ongoing support from UNH faculty and graduate students. Space is limited this year to 12 participants.
Working in collaboration with fellow teachers, UNH faculty and graduate student mentors, industry professionals and educational experts, participants will design projects to implement during the 2023 – 24 school year. Tech for Teachers is part of NH CREATES, a workforce development initiative at UNH, and funded by a Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) grant from the National Institutes of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), National Institutes of Health (NIH).
TECH FOR TEACHERS / PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Attend seminars and develop deeper learning in regenerative medicine and project-based learning.
- Initiate design of individual projects and observe projects in action at UNH Tech Camp.
- Observe and assist with middle and high school projects focused on regenerating planaria, cryopreservation of cells, bioinformatics and molecular biology.
- Complete initial project design for implementation, introduce to Tech Camp participants and faculty experts for feedback and redesign.
Academic School Year
- Teachers are expected to implement their project and participate in Tech for Teachers presentations and panel discussions.
- Teachers will receive ongoing mentoring, technical support and funding for supplies to implement their project
Click here for application
Tech Camp, Director
Tech Camp, Assistant Director
Tech for Teachers Institute, Coordinator