Article I. Purpose
Section 1. The purpose of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Advisory Board (hereinafter "CAB") shall be to advise the Dean of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (hereinafter “CEPS”) to help envision and realize the future of CEPS.
Section 2. The objectives of the CAB shall include the following:
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of students
- Increase the awareness of the community and corporations in CEPS and the identification of experiential learning and internship opportunities
- Recommend ways in which the CEPS may respond to the educational needs of students and graduates
- Assist with ideas for programming/experiential learning partnerships
- Assist in locating sources of financial support for CEPS including individual philanthropy and/or connections to foundations or other philanthropic entities
- Assist with public/private research and partnerships
Article II. Membership and Officer
Section 1. CAB shall consist of at least fifteen (15) members, with a maximum of twenty-five (25), who represent alumni, industry partners and/or friends of CEPS.
Section 2. The Dean of CEPS and the Director of Development for CEPS shall serve as non-voting, ex officio members of CAB.
Section 3. The Dean shall select a Chair. The Chair shall be a member of the CAB.
Section 4 The Chair's duties shall include:
- Preside over meetings of the CAB.
- Appoint ad hoc committees as are necessary to conduct the business of CAB.
- Provide counsel to the Dean of CEPS regarding CAB.
Section 5. The term of the Chair shall be for two years or until a successor Chair assumes the office.
Article III. Selection and Term of Board Members
Section 1. Any member of CAB may recommend potential Board members to the current Board Chair, the Dean of CEPS, or the Director of Development of CEPS. New board members shall be appointed by the Dean of CEPS and the Chair.
Section 2. With the exception of the Chair, all terms of service shall be four (4) years. When a member serves as Chair, the regular term limit is on hold.
Section 3. Any member shall be eligible for reappointment for additional terms.
Section 4. Emeritus status may be conveyed to any member having served two or more terms. Emeriti, although non-voting, may attend meetings and receive minutes.
Article IV. Meetings
Section 1. CAB shall hold two regular meetings each year. The Chair may call special meetings as the business of CAB requires.
Section 2. Members of CAB are expected to participate in at least one meeting per year to retain their membership. Board members may participate in-person, by teleconference or zoom (or similar platform).
Section 3. The Chair of CAB shall preside over all regular or special meetings of CAB.
Section 4. The agenda for each meeting shall be developed by the Dean, in consultation with the Chair, and shall be distributed to each member at least one week prior to the meeting.
Section 5. A simple majority of voting members is required for a quorum.
Section 6. The affirmative vote of a majority of the voting members participating in a meeting shall be the act of CAB.
Article V. Amendments
Section 1. The Bylaws may be amended at any duly held meeting of CAB. Notice of any proposed change must be distributed with the agenda for the meeting at which the change is to be considered.
Section 2. A two-thirds majority vote of CAB shall be required to amend the Bylaws.