Our committee’s objectives are to:
1) support DEI committees and their activities in each department and assist in the coordination of their activities at the college level;
2) work with UNH’s Office of Community, Equity and Diversity to hold annual trainings for the CEPS community and host regular college-wide discussions on DEI;
3) promote inclusive teaching and research practices in our classrooms, research laboratories, and field experiences;
4) foster a community that does not tolerate racism, discrimination or harassment through our code of conduct;
5) ensure that invited seminar speakers represent the diversity in our fields;
6) increase the recruitment, retention and support of those traditionally underrepresented in CEPS disciplines (e.g. women, Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC))
These objectives are our starting point to ensure that we reach our collective goal of a safe and equitable community. CEPS and all of UNH thrive when our faculty, staff, and students have the opportunities, resources, and support they need to succeed.